We'd like your feedback on the Draft Concept Plan
We've developed a Draft Concept Plan in response to what we heard from the community.
We want to make sure we've captured your ideas correctly. Provide your comments on the draft concept design to let us know your thoughts.
Key features of the draft concept plan include:
- Removal of road surface to increase usable open space.
- New pathway network to connect to existing paths.
- Retention of the boundary fence.
- Park furniture such as a shelter, benches and picnic tables are located outside of the fence boundary to provide access at all times for the broader community.
- Netball halfcourt, hit-up wall and activity line-marking.
- Public art installations and mural opportunities on the hit-up wall.
- Provision of accessible picnic and seating areas.
- Additional tree canopy.
- Improved greening and biodiversity outcomes.
How to provide your feedback
Have your say on this project using the survey form below.
Visit the site at these times to speak with project staff
- Tuesday 22nd November, 3pm to 5pm
- Saturday 3rd December, 10am to 12pm
To receive project updates please click the ‘Follow’ button at the top of the page.
The feedback form will be open until midnight Sunday 11th December 2022.
Click on the icons on the map below to learn more.
Since 2013, part of Moubray Street, Albert Park has been closed to traffic and used as a shared community space. It is currently used by Albert Park Primary School during school hours and can be accessed by all members of the community out of school hours.
We know that this space acts as a valuable resource for the community. We also know that the community would like this space to be more inviting than it is now. In light of this, there is an action in Council's Public Space Strategy (2021) to transform this pop-up park into a permanent open space; one that would improve access and community use, as well as enhance greening and tree planting.
Between 5 August and 4 September 2022, we engaged with 24 people at 2 onsite pop-up events and with 63 people on our online Have Your Say page. We also held a consultation session with the leadership of the Albert Park Primary School.
The face-to-face and online engagements told us that:
- Maintaining a fenced park was supported by the majority of respondents.
- Enhanced planting of shrubs and shade trees was supported by the majority of respondents.
As a result of the feedback received, Council officers have developed a concept plan for the park and we would like your feedback to make sure we’ve got it right.
Moubray Street Community Park
Draft Concept Plan
Moubray Street Community Park is supported by the Victorian Government through the Suburban Parks Program.