Consultation has concluded
Thank you for your input to this review of the City of Port Phillip arts services which include cultural activities, art galleries like The Gallery at the St Kilda Town Hall, public art, performing art spaces and funding programs.
Your feedback will inform a review of arts services within the City of Port Phillip. The review will look at the relevance and performance of existing art services and identify opportunities for improvement.
This is a quick snapshot of the feedback we have received:
- 67 respondents - mostly have ‘general interest in the arts’ but also significant representation from artists and arts workers
- 93% live or work in Port Phillip
- 64% considered it extremely important to live in a creative and artistic community
- Top 5 most valuable art activities/services for the respondents: funding for artists and projects, affordable work spaces for artists and organisations, attending a gallery, public art, attendance at a theatre/ performance venue
- Some of the challenges identified: competing priorities, gentrification, narrow definition, lack of vision
- What the community would like to see looking forward: partnerships, facilities, promotion, stronger community engagement
Community feedback, review findings and recommendations will be presented to Council and made available here afterwards in a review report.
The Arts Review plan will guide Council's involvement and investment in arts and cultural activities within the municipality over the coming years.
Please visit http://www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/arts_culture.htm.
Arts Review Survey
The City of Port Phillip is undertaking an Arts Review.
We are inviting your feedback until 30 June 2015.
Privacy statement: All responses are anonymous and no IP addresses are tracked. The personal information requested in this survey is being collected by Council for the purpose of collating feedback on the Arts Review Project.
The respondent understands that that the information provided is for the purpose of the Arts Review Project but could also be used for other related Council projects and that he or she may apply to the Council for access and/or amendment of the information. Feedback received via this survey (excluding personal details) may be published and used as part of a Council report.
For more information visit www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/privacy_policy.htm(External link) or contact Council’s Privacy Officer via ASSIST on 03 9209 6777.