This consultation is now closed!
The upgrade to Centenary Reserve, Port Melbourne has now been completed.
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and helped to inform the final design.
New features include:
- Playground area with new play equipment and nature play elements
- Garden beds, trees and lawn areas
- Concrete paths
- Seating and a picnic table
- Community garden
- Drinking fountain
- Ping Pong table
- Mural artwork
Update: Fitness Equipment
The new fitness equipment will be located at Cook Reserve, approximately 30 metres north west of Centenary Reserve, adjacent to the skate park.
This new location provides a larger space and improved layout for future users of the equipment. Installation is scheduled for early November and will be ready for use in December 2016.
Results of community consultation
Community consultation took place during 2013 and 2014.
The preferred design option, which received 43% of the votes, included a climbing net, slide and raised veggie beds located along grassed area to Swallow Street.
Other items that also featured strongly in the community feedback:
- Active open space areas – retain a large grassed area for free play, running, ball games etc.
- Plants and trees – improve garden beds, provide trees for summer shade. Include community garden beds for a 12 month trial period
- A safe play environment – provide fencing to play areas for younger children, locate park furniture in close vicinity of play equipment for visual supervision
- Provide facilities for all – access and footpaths, BBQ and picnic facilities, drinking fountain, ping pong table and exercise equipment.
For more information
- Phone: ASSIST 9209 6777
- Email: email@example.com
Design options survey
Take a look at the Concept Design Options and answer these two quick questions.