This consultation has now closed.
Thank you to everyone who contributed. Your feedback and ideas have been used to guide council officers in implementing the Act and Adapt Sustainable Environment Strategy. Updates on actions taken to progress our sustainability initiatives will be included in the monthly CEO Report and our sustainability newsletter, which you can sign up for here.
What informed the plan?
Community feedback from the Council Plan consultation and the development of Act and Adapt was used to inform the development of actions in the plan.
In addition to this a Have Your Say survey was developed to assess:
- if the community feels that they are being impacted by climate change;
- how the community is currently responding to the impacts of climate change, and
- what the community feel council could do to assist them prepare for the impacts of climate change.
We received 124 responses to the Have Your Say survey and five handwritten responses.
What you told us
In response to ‘What impacts of climate change have you experienced in Port Phillip?’:
- 71% indicated heatwaves
- 52% indicated high wind and storm events
- 47% indicated drought.
In response to the question ‘How prepared are you for the impacts of climate change?’:
- 17% indicated they were not at all prepared for heatwaves
- 38% indicated they were not at all prepared for drought
- 46% indicated they were moderately prepared for disruption to transport services
- 53% indicated they were not at all prepared for disruption to electricity supply
- 42% indicated they were moderately prepared for storms and wind events
- 50% indicated they were not at all prepared for flooding.
Your feedback has been used to create a baseline for how the
community feel about the impacts of climate change. Future community
consultation will use the same survey questions to indicate how this may change