Thank you for your feedback. This stage of consultation has now closed and the project team is reviewing your feedback.
As part of the Public Space Strategy, Council is planning future upgrades to Gasworks Arts Park to meet the needs of our changing and growing community. We are keen to hear your thoughts on the new features and improvements you’d like to see added to the design. The new Gasworks Arts Park playground will ensure that this open space supports a diverse range of users while providing a safe, welcoming environment which meets the needs of people’s physical, social and mental health.
Key features of the draft concept plan include:
- Custom designed junior and senior play units including slides, climbing nets and sensory play elements that reference the industrial history of the former Gasworks
- Two swing sets
- Accessible play items including communication boards
- Provision of accessible picnic and seating areas connected by a new path network
- Seating to service playground and market users
- Nature-play beneath existing canopy
- Additional tree canopy and planting
The construction budget for the playground is $700k
Please see concept design here.
How to have Your Say
- by completing our online survey (below)
- by meeting council staff at Gasworks Arts Park on:
- Saturday 17th June, 9am to 11am (
- Tuesday 20th June, 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Feedback closes at midnight on Wednesday 28th June 2023.
For more information, please see the Timeline, Frequently Asked Questions and key documents on this page.
To stay up-to-date with project updates please click the ‘Follow’ button at the top of the page.
Draft concept designs
Council presented the Gasworks Park Draft Park Plan to the community in April 2022.
Included in the design was a proposal for a new local playground. The playground is located at the Pickles and Graham Street entrance.
Engagement activities included:
- Two pop-ups at the reserve.
- A resident and park users survey.
- Meetings with key stakeholders
You can view the engagement summary report from the last stage of engagement here or in the document library on this page.
The detailed design for the rest of the park seeks to upgrade the space to improve the environmental condition, promote gathering, and ensure the space can be utilised and enjoyed by the community into the future.
The upgrade project is to meet the following objectives:
- Improve access and circulation throughout the park by providing upgraded walking paths and improved connection to secondary paths.
- Provide upgraded entry points and gateways into the park.
- Upgrade park amenities including street furniture (seats, benches, picnic table settings, rubbish bins).
- Improve safety and wellbeing by installing new / upgraded lighting.
- Work with the local arts community to incorporate public art into the design.
- Retain the off-leash dog area.
- Develop a vegetation management plan to assess options for succession planting, mid-storey thinning, re-vegetation and canopy establishment throughout the park.