Join us and Port Phillip Leader as we pledge to #LoveOurBay this summer.
Let’s remove litter from our streets and beaches before it reaches our Bay where it can harm our vulnerable marine life.
This is also a great opportunity to help reduce plastic pollution.
How to get involved?
Pledge what you will do to #LoveOurBay and stop plastic pollution littering Port Phillip Bay.
You can either choose your own pledge or one of the following .
I pledge to:
- pick up at least three pieces of litter when I go outside
- not take glass to Port Phillip’s parks and beaches
- not use plastic straws
- use a reusable coffee cup
- always put my rubbish in a bin or take it home.
Make your pledge by:
- tagging #LoveOurBay on social media
- uploading your photo on this page.
Read more about Love Our Bay
Port Phillip Leader launched the Love Our Bay campaign with a front cover and two articles in their Tuesday 4 September edition. Since then, they have published a series of Love Our Bay articles, including:
- Millions of plastic pieces choking bay, written by Ross Headifen from 3207 Beach Patrol - published 11 September 2018
- Working together to make a difference, written by Jill Sokol from Love our Street Elwood - published 18 September 2018
- Bay no longer draws short straw, written by Mayor Bernadene Voss - published 9 October 2018.
Visit the read more section to read the articles.