Help shape our West Beach boardwalk
Community engagement on this project has now closed, and your feedback is being reviewed.
We will update the community when the concept plan has been finalised.
You can click the Follow button at the top of this page to keep in the loop about this project.
What do the construction works include?
Council is undertaking an upgrade to the St Kilda West Beach boardwalk to create a safer, more accessible passage. The current boardwalk does not currently connect to footpaths, meaning accessibility can be impacted.
This will make St Kilda West Beach boardwalk accessible for all in our community to enjoy.
Proposed construction works include:
- an accessible ramp and boardwalk connection from Pier Road to the existing West Beach boardwalk
- additional recycled plastic seating
- a staircase and handrails to meet current Australian Standards and concrete pavement
- a new concrete balustrade to match existing heritage feature
- new native vegetation garden beds
- new timber post and rail fence along Pier Road.