Discontinuing Divercity as a print publication and moving to an online version.
Thanks for your interest. This forum has now closed, but you can still read the comments received below.
Proposed change: to discontinue print production and move to an online version.
Saving to Council in 2020/21: $179,000
Divercity is a print magazine that is delivered to the community five times per year. In addition to this significant saving, shifting to an online/email edition has a number of benefits, including:
- timely, relevant and responsive content (print production has a long lead-time) that would link to our website, providing a more streamlined and user-friendly experience
- the opportunity for monthly distribution
- greatly reduced environmental impact
- the opportunity to incorporate multimedia content
- the potential to attract a younger readership.
Research conducted by survey and focus groups last year showed that the majority of respondents would prefer to receive Divercity in email form.