To continue to provide our community with the facilities needed, in locations and settings that are convenient and safe to use we asked for feedback on:
- outdoor fitness equipment
- skate parks
- cricket nets
- the many kilometres of walking and cycling paths
Feedback gathered will help us plan for informal recreation facilities to create an equitable distribution of informal recreation facilities, ensuring a wide range of facility types, that are appropriate for the location and community needs.
What happens next?
Council will develop a Plan for informal recreation facilities over the next four years based on community feedback.
Residents can look forward to these projects and more in 2020:
- Peanut Farm Cricket Net Redevelopment
- Alma Park Cricket Net Redevelopment
- JL Murphy Reserve Play space Upgrade (includes a basketball half-court within the scope of works)
- Elwood Fitness Station