Your feedback has helped shape the upgrade of Hewison Reserve.
Our play space upgrade aims to benefit the surrounding community through:
- The construction of a new play space
- Protecting and enhancing the natural look and feel of the reserve through new shrub and ground cover opportunities.
- Improving accessibility through a new accessible barbeque area and more accessible play equipment opportunities
The redevelopment Includes:
- Removal of all existing play equipment and installation of new equipment.
- The introduction of natural play through extending
- Upgrading the barbeque area with an accessible barbeque and more picnic tables
- BBQ and picnic facilities
May 2022, we engaged with our community about improving the play space and surrounding amenities.
Engagement activities included:
- two pop-ups at the reserve.
- a resident and park users survey.
What we heard.
People that use the space told us they like that Hewison Reserve has:
- open space
- fenced playground
- play equipment
Play activities that participants like (top 4).
- Flying Fox
Participants would like to improve.
- the play area
- the BBQ area
We have used this feedback to inform the draft concept design.
We will collate and consider all responses received on the draft concept design and the feedback will inform the development of the final concept design.
The final concept design informed by stakeholder feedback will be presented to Council for consideration in 2023.