Thank you for taking part in our community engagement for this project and providing your feedback.
On-site construction has been completed and the playground opened to the public on 10 October 2023.
Following initial community engagement in December 2021, a draft concept plan was developed for Ludwig Stamer Reserve. After consultation for the draft concept plan concluded in July 2022 and feedback was assessed, it was clear that the community want the new play equipment to have the same play elements as the existing equipment unit, and also want a larger lawn area for informal recreation. To address this, the final plan includes:
- a new play equipment unit compliant with current Australian Standards, featuring much-loved play elements from the existing unit;
- a new double swing with standard seat and baby seat and nature play elements;
- an accessible pathway linking the play areas, seating and other park amenities;
- a new accessible picnic setting and drinking fountain; and
- native tree and shrub planting.
Retaining the existing trees in the reserve was a key
consideration of the play space design. All existing trees have been assessed by
arborists to the ensure the safety of reserve users. Seven trees have been
recommended for removal. Council will work with arborists to select new trees that are suitable
for the size and conditions of the reserve.