Thank you for your Feedback
This consultation is now closed. We're currently reviewing your feedback on the concept designs.
We'd like to know your preferred option for the play space design
Thanks for helping shape the design of a new play space at Ludwig Stamer Reserve.
We have used your feedback to develop two options for the upgrade of the reserve (available to view in the Document Library on this page). We would like to know your preferred option for the new play space.
What's happened so far?
We're upgrading the play space at Ludwig Stamer Reserve as part of our playground renewal program to ensure the reserve is a safe and fun place for our community to enjoy.
Following initial community engagement in December 2021, a draft concept plan was developed for Ludwig Stamer Reserve. After consultation for the draft concept plan concluded in July 2022 and feedback was assessed, it was clear that the community want the new play equipment to have the same play elements as the existing equipment unit, and also want a larger lawn area for informal recreation. To address this, two revised concept plans have been developed.
- Option 1 provides a play equipment unit with as many of the play elements from the existing play equipment unit as possible, and a larger lawn area than the draft concept plan.
- Option 2 provides a much larger lawn area than the draft concept plan, and a slightly smaller play equipment unit with play elements from the existing play equipment unit and new elements.
To let us know which option you prefer, please complete the survey below.
Key features of both plans include:
- a new play equipment unit compliant with current Australian Standards, featuring much-loved play elements from the existing unit;
- a new double swing with standard seat and baby seat and nature play elements;
- an accessible pathway linking the play areas, seating and other park amenities;
- a new accessible picnic setting and drinking fountain; and
- native tree and shrub planting.
Retaining the existing trees in the reserve was a key
consideration of the play space design. All existing trees have been assessed by
arborists to the ensure the safety of reserve users. Seven trees have been
recommended for removal. Council will work with arborists to select new trees that are suitable
for the size and conditions of the reserve.
To receive project updates please click the ‘Follow’ button at the top of the page.
The survey will be open until midnight, Sunday 18 September, 2022.