Thank you for your interest in this project. We are currently reviewing your feedback which will inform the final concept plan.
Point Ormond Reserve along the Elwood foreshore is a local landmark in the City of Port Phillip. Prior to colonisation the local indigenous population, the Bunurong, used Point Ormond as a site for social gatherings.
Today it is the perfect sunset picnic spot looking across the bay and back at the city. You’ll find people doing hill sprints and bike riders winding along the Bay Trail.
What's happened so far?
We have developed a concept plan for Point Ormond Reserve which includes building a new playground, upgrading park facilities and improving path connectivity to the Bay Trail, Beacon and other park facilities.
In September and October 2019 we asked the community to provide feedback on this concept plan to help inform updates to the design.
We will continue to revise the concept design based on feedback received from the community.
To receive updates about the Point Ormond Reserve upgrade click the 'Follow' button above.
- Why is the reserve being upgraded?
- When will the playground replacement and park improvement works start?
- Is there opportunity to improve the facilities at the Reserve as part of this upgrade?
- Will any trees be impacted as part of this upgrade?
- Is this project subject to any planning permit requirements?