Thank you for your feedback!
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the draft concept plan for the playground upgrades, online and at the pop-up event.
A high-level summary of the results is outlined below:
- There was a strong preference that equipment for different ages/ abilities of children were separated.
- There were requests for additional junior play items and more slides.
- The swings are highly valued by the community. The preference was to maintain the existing type and quantity of swings however welcomed the addition of the basket swing.
- There was only limited support for the sandpit.
- The preference for playground material is that it is sympathetic to the heritage of the site.
- More seating, a shelter and accessibility were also highlighted as important to the community.
Overall, the majority of responses received throughout the consultation period were positive. View the Community Engagement report below.
The playground is due to be installed early 2025.
What we did:
Jump to section:
What's happened so far?
In June 2019, we asked the community how they used the park and for ideas to improve it. From those ideas, we developed a draft concept plan and asked the community to share their feedback on the draft plan during September 2019.
St Vincent Gardens is of national significance and is on the Victorian Heritage Register. Any works to the gardens outside of general repairs, maintenance and tree management require a permit under the Heritage Act 2017. In addition to the community consultation with the public, we have also engaged with Heritage Victoria to provide preliminary advice on the concept design, prior to a formal permit application being sought.
Their feedback required some redesign work to meet their permit requirements. We've included this in the final concept design along with feedback from our community.
View the 2019 consultation page here
Learn more about the 2019 consultation program and concept plan.
Proposed St Vincent Gardens Playground - Interactive Plan
Click the right-side corner arrows, to expand the size of the plan. This plan is subject to Heritage Victoria approvals.
This concept plan of the proposed play space is subject to refinement during detailed design.