Feedback has now closed.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback, responses will inform the recommendations of the Review.
- Final report presented to Council in early 2024.
- Council decide whether to implement the changes recommended through a planning scheme amendment.
- Affected property owners will be notified of any planning scheme amendment and given an opportunity to make a formal submission.
Overview of the Heritage Overlay 8 Review
The HO8 Review is part of Council’s ongoing Heritage Program to protect and conserve our City's important history.
The Heritage Overlay 8 (HO8) precinct is a large, existing heritage precinct. The HO8 Review aims to update the existing heritage controls and to apply new controls to a number of properties around Glen Huntly and Ormond Roads in Elwood.
We're reviewing this precinct and surrounds to ensure that all heritage places are appropriately recognised and protected, and that existing heritage controls and associated documentation are up to date.
Heritage Overlay 8 Review report
How to Participate
The changes proposed as part of the draft Review include:
- Retain the HO8 precinct with the following changes: add 58 new properties to HO8; transfer 18 properties to a new precinct; and revise the heritage gradings of some existing properties in the heritage overlay.
- Retain the HO318 precinct with the following changes: transfer two properties from the precinct to new individual places; revise and update the heritage categories of properties.
- Create two new precincts, one new group listing and 19 new individual places.
- Remove five individual places from the heritage overlay due to no longer meeting the threshold for inclusion.
- Adopt revised citations and statements of significance for existing heritage places.
All documents prepared as part of the Review are also available in the ‘Document Library’.
How will I know if this affects my property?
To see if and how your property is affected, please click the map below and enter your address. The map will show any changes to Heritage Overlays proposed as part of the HO8 Review and the associated draft heritage citations for comment.