A fairer way to manage parking
Our City is growing - increasing the need for fairer and more reliable access to carparking. After extensive engagement with our residents, businesses, workers and visitors, Council has developed a new draft Parking Management Policy to:
- Address the City’s existing and future growth and transport challenges.
- Ensure fairer and more reliable access to carparking in all locations at all times.
Council's current Parking Permit Policy was created in 2000 and only provided guidelines for Parking Permits and excluded information about time controls and paid parking.
The draft Parking Management Policy will act as a framework not only for Parking Permits but for overall management of Council’s 53,000 on-street and 4,000 Council-owned off-street car spaces.
The proposed Policy at a glance
- Residential Parking Areas - fact sheet and proposed area map (PDF 4MB)
- Residential Parking Areas - map only (PDF 4MB)
- Parking Permit types and definitions (PDF 4MB)
- Parking Permit provisions (PDF 4MB)
- Parking Permit pricing (PDF 4MB)
- Time-controlled parking areas (PDF 4MB)
- Demand responsive paid parking areas (PDF 4MB)
Word versions of these fact sheets can be found under 'Fact sheets' in the right hand menu.
COMMUNITY CONSULTATION FOR THE DRAFT PARKING MANAGEMENT POLICY HAS NOW CLOSED
Thank you to everyone who attended a workshop or completed the draft Parking Management Policy online survey. Council is now collating your feedback and will provide an update soon.